Sunday 12 February 2012

A couple of months ago I was doing my research of children illustrators in a book store. I noted the names of the illustrators I liked, so I could later check their sites or blogs on the net. One of those illustrators was Shirley Benitez. Anyway, I'm trying to build a portfolio to send to children book editors and this last Christmas in her blog, Shirley showed an extensive walk trough her creative process. I took the time to do something I rarely do and wrote a thanking comment. But the best of it was that she visited my blog too and left me a comment, and I now have one more follower in my blog :):):) So maybe it isn't everyone's cup of tea, but when it comes to children illustration I think she really nails it :) check her work here;- http://shirleysillustrations.blogspot.com/
And here is 'The Dragon has a cold'. This is my first serious try into children illustration. This dragon was stealing sheep from the villages around and everyone thought he was eating them. Turns out that he only wanted to knit a warm scarf

No comments:

Post a Comment