Thursday 28 January 2010

More sketches! It's amazing what some fashion designers come up with. I find some of their work really inspiring. These ones are taken from Balenciaga collections photos, and I'm definitely going to look more into this kind of stuff. The anatomy ones are not very good but I'm actually very happy with them because this is something that I was fighting with one month ago. These I didn't copy and tried to do the anatomy the best I could. Now at least I can put down a quick sketch of what I'm thinking. (althought these are not quick sketches).

2 comments:

  1. Proportions dude! Check out the lady on the right of the first page, her bottom half is too squashed. Maybe you should think about the construction of the figures more. Try quick gestural drawings that carries little to no details but captures the pose with proportions correct. The focus on these are the structure of the figure, foundation to build up the details from. You normally get errors like proportions when you 'zoom' into parts of the drawing and just work on that tiny section. Remember to 'zoom' out and look at the whole picture from time to time. :D
    Fashion stuff looking good! You could try copying drawings from master artists like Leonardo Da Vinci or Rembrandt, its anatomy study, mark making and editing all in one :P You can see how they decide what to draw in their figures and what to leave out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'll definitely do those! I met Jed the other day. The guy from Animation. eheh, Craaazy dude :D We took of really well because he seems to really enjoy drawing too, so we'll probably meet again to draw together. In the 10 minutes conversation that I had with him, he gave me two or three advices that made a difference in the drawings I did right after :)
    Anyway, I noted that he had loads of little drawings of minuscule figures in action, but they were so cool because you could understand immediately what they were doing. I tried to do some of my own and realized I couldn't!! So, MY MECHANIC PENCIL IS MY SWORD AND IT IS BY MY SIDE, AND BY ODIN WE'LL SLAY THE DRAGON OF LITTLE ACTION FIGURES WITH OUR MIGHTY STUBERNESS!!
    RIDE ON!!! :D:D:D

    ReplyDelete